Click on My NN!

Monday 8 September 2014

Satisfaction


We live in a world where we can't please anyone.... Not even ourselves. We are constantly searching for happiness and perfection. But once we attain it, we want more. Nothing can satisfy our needs, sometimes not even material goods. Why are we, as humans, so greedy?

I don't think animals ever had the fear of being not good enough, having to try so hard to impress others - except maybe their potential mates? We try so hard, it gets tiring at times.


Sometimes though, it's not about the material things that we want to impress others with... Sometimes it's just us being ourselves. Our thoughts. Our words.

I too, am trying to tame my wild heart, my wandering thoughts. Everytime I feel good about myself, my confidence increases which leads me to... Forget myself... I might have behaved rudely and talked too much in front of others. Over-confidence and over-zealousness I guess. But all I really wanna do is share my thoughts. I don't want to be misunderstood but it seems like talking is making things worse. Maybe I should just stop talking and crawl back into my shell again... ._.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sad or angry at myself. Just doing some self-reflection. I honestly don't care what other people think of me but it kills me to think that my closest friends would be uncomfortable around me. So note to self, be more down to earth...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to read my blog! Feel free to leave a comment below or click on the Follow button :)