Click on My NN!

Monday 22 June 2015

Carinn x OOTD: Shift Stylin' ft. Dressabelle Malaysia

I'm finally back in action with another OOTD post! One of my biggest um, problems at work lately is finding work-appropriate outfits. My accumulated college and uni wardrobe has tons of shorts and crop tops *oops. My company promotes a fun work-environment but that doesn't mean I'm crazy enough to wear shorts to work! I still had to find something formal enough, per se, for work and yet still casual for a day out.

Cue Dressabelle Malaysia. Their philosophy is to apply Style, Affordability and Quality to all their designs - to combine quiet beauty with distinctive designs. What started off as an experiment by two friends who wanted to find a platform to share their personal style became a successful and well-known blogshop of 2 and a half years from Singapore. Many of my favourite fashion bloggers i.e Drea Chong, Melissa Koh & Christabel Chua have sported their outfits. I was contacted to be one of their ambassadors and I was super excited about it as I've been eyeing many of their pieces for a long time! Well, knowing that my size isn't easy to shop for is the reason why I've yet to purchase from them online. UNTIL I found out that they have a branch in Johor Bahru and their offline boutique is located not far from where I stay! Dressabelle has a wide range of work outfits that are far from frumpy or boring. Contemporary chic is what I would call their designs. Plus, they frequently launch new collections at great bargains to tempt girls like me!








Black Lace Shift Dress - Dressabelle Malaysia // Floppy hat - Taobao // Clutch - Vincci // Loafers - gifted // Crystal gem necklace - Lovisa Jewellery

Wearing 3CE Lip Lacquer in #Backstage (review here)

Photo credits to Eunice Tham

I was lucky that their Warehouse Sale happened to be on that weekend and I decided to drop by with my mum to grab some pretty clothes at discounted prices. It'll also give me a chance to try out some of the clothes before I picked what I wanted to review :p To be honest, most of Dressabelle's clothes' cutting are quite big for an extra petite girl like me. However, I still managed to grab four awesome pieces from them, two of which were sponsored. From my haul, this dress that I bought was my favourite! I've had my doubts about shift dresses initially as they are mostly shapeless and will make me look shorter, but I was wrong. A tip when finding shift dresses is to find one that cuts just above the knees and where the sleeves end above your elbows. I love plain shift dresses the most as you can either wear it as it is for the laidback look, or dress it up a little. Now I want MORE shift dresses!

This dress was perfect to be thrown on and just head out the door. It has the lovely aztec/ lace details on the outer layer and sleeves that makes it so interesting. Did I mention that most of my outfits are very monochromatic lately? All black just suits my lounging mood for a day of cafe-hopping with the girls (though it may not suit the theme of the cafe we went to). So I decided to amp up the look a little by throwing on a simple long necklace, floppy hat, foldable clutch and topped off with a red lip to stand out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is pretty much the 'hipster' look lately, right? :p Not much styling required, but it still looks like you've spent hours putting together your look. I'm still in that stage where I just love dressing up in simple, kinda lazy outfits that sometimes I wish I can just wear my pyjamas to work (this is so not me). Let me know what you think about this by hyping me on Lookbook, perhaps? :)



If you'd like to see more, you can view my previous Carinn x OOTD post here :)

It's official. Dressabelle Malaysia's clothes are my inspiration when it comes to workwear and casual wear for both teens and working adults. They've got everything your wardrobe needs and you can dress their quirky pieces up or down. The price may seem a little high for students but is totally wallet-friendly for a working professional, without skimping on quality. The constant promotions, weekend surprises and discounts are enough to drive a girl crazy, so make sure you sign up for their newsletter to get the latest updates. Speaking of discounts, feel free to use my code 'DSBXCARINN20' to get 20% off your purchases! *Valid until 30th June 2015
.
I'll definitely stalk their site and drop by their store again soon. Looking forward to DSB bringing in more sizes for petite girls like me soon! :p Keep updated with the trendiest outfit from Dressabelle's website and social media now!
Email: dressabelle@gmail.com
WeChat: dressabellemy
Instagram: @dressabellemy #dressabellemy

DSB Boutique (JB)
Address: L1-06, Block A, Akademik Suite, Jalan Austin Heights Utama, Taman Mount Austin, 81100 Johor Bahru
Tel: +607-3610313
Operating Hours: Monday to Thursday - 11am - 6pm, Friday - 11am - 5pm (closed on weekends)


Disclaimer: Even though the product(s) were sponsored, it has not affected my opinion in any way. The review is based on my honest personal thoughts, experiences and preference after trying out the product(s).

Follow me on my blog and social media sites:

UBER: Key in VD51L to get RM15 off your first ride!
MYSALE: Click to shop!
ZALORA: Get 15% off storewide with no minimum spend with the code ZBAPQGAQ!
WISHTREND: Click to shop!



7 comments:

  1. I love this black lace dress. You look so elegant, in a casual way!
    Valentina
    http://www.mybubblyzone.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do really look good! I personally also like monochromatic outfit as well:D

    Online Fashion Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rioyee! I love monochromatic outfits, they always look cool and put together! Heh.

      Delete
  4. i love your fashion sense..btw, if u look for men fashion tailor for your male friends, feel free to drop by here https://www.customtribe.com/journal/5-tailors-in-the-klang-valley-to-get-your-next-suit/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to read my blog! Feel free to leave a comment below or click on the Follow button :)