Click on My NN!

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Beauty (HiShop Review Campaign Part 3): Alovivi Purevivi Cleansing Lotion

This post is part 3 of my HiShop Review Campaign. Previously, I blogged about some L'egere products - their CC creams (read here) and the Magic Water Cool Aqua Powder (read here). I really appreciate this set that HiShop sent to me because after putting on makeup, you'll need to remove it with a remover right?

I actually ran out of makeup remover a few weeks ago and was contemplating which new one should I buy when HiShop somehow read my mind and sent me this huge bottle! You're my fairy godmother. XD 

Have you ever tried oil-based or soap-based makeup remover? For me, I don't really fancy it as I dislike the sticky oily feeling that it leaves behind. I just feel so.. unclean, especially after using soap-based removers as I'll be paranoid wondering if I've washed off all the soapy residue on my face. Double cleansing is mandatory but the most important step of removing your makeup is still the initial stages right?

PureVivi is a product from Japan and frankly, who doesn't love anything from Japan? :p I was so excited to get my hands on this as I heard that they are selling like hot cakes now in Thailand and Taiwan now! Apparently it's newly launched in Malaysia and thankfully, HiShop carries it. This makeup remover is no ordinary remover. It is a low stimulus cleansing lotion, with added moisturising functions. After thoroughly and gently remove ever trace of your makep & grime, your skin will be left soft, hydrated and refreshed.


Thank God for this sticker because after peeling off the plastic layer, there were only incoherent Japanese instructions lol. This cleansing lotion contains NO surfactant, flavouring and fragrance, colouring and is paraben, alcohol and oil-free. The ingredients used are mostly natural ingredients such as aloe vera, lime, apple, grapefruit, orange and barley extract. Plus, it looks exactly like water so you can imagine just how pure and gentle this will feel on your skin! It is suitable for all skin types and can remove every last trace of your makeup including lipstick, mascara, eyeliner and even the glue of your falsies! Not only does it remove dirt and makeup, it pacifies and moisturises the skin at the same time.


I actually took these photos after my photoshoot for La Vie En Rose. Make up done by my dear Audrey! It's my first time using double eyelid tape and second time trying on falsies. I hardly ever have such thick makeup on so I thought this would be the perfect chance to try out this much-raved about cleansing lotion.


I applied some foundation and drew some lipstick, eyeliner and waterproof mascara on my hand before using the transparent remover to wipe it off.


In a single gentle motion, it has managed to remove a sufficient amount of the makeup off my hand. Whoa, will it work so well on my face?


To use, just pour an adequate amount onto a cotton pad.


Then swipe it over your face gently until all traces of makeup is removed. For heavier makeup such as removing mascara, it is recommended to leave the cotton pad on for a few more seconds for easy removal. No rinsing is required if it's for touching up.


With one swipe, you can see that the makeup remover has effectively removed half of my eye makeup. It even removed my double eyelid tape and glue of my falsh eyelashes without leaving any residue. It doesn't work as well as on my hand of course, but that is to be expected because you've got to be extra gentle when using it on sensitive eye area. Remember to use a new cotton pad for each part of your face or once the cotton pad is dirty. You wouldn't want to transfer gunk from other parts to all over your face, would you?


Sorry for the scary contact lenses lol. 


Clean, no-makeup selfie! Now you can see all my imperfections but heck, I'm so happy with the results! In total I used about 4 cotton pads to remove my eye makeup and foundation. Normally I struggle to remove my mascara but not with the Purevivi Cleansing Lotion. Yes, it even removed my waterproof mascara clean off! For something that requires only minimal effort and time, this cleansing lotion is definitely strong and effective in removing every bit of makeup. Best part is, it doesn't leave the oily feeling that I dislike after using makeup remover. Oh yea, the scent reminds me of cake for some reason! HAHA. 

My cousin used this too when she came to stayover and she was like, "I'm so gonna get a bottle for myself too!" XD The bottle is hugeeee and not at all travel-friendly but ahem, makeup remover wipes hello? It's a worthy investment as this half a litre bottle can last you quite awhile, plus it's afforably priced at RM48.90?! I know other water-based makeup removers will cost you loads more! You can find the single bottle HERE and for a better deal, get the twin pack for RM78 here!


Don't forget to key in 'CARINNTAN' upon checkout to get 15% rebate off your purchases!

Do check out more of PureVivi products HERE. Also, for more information, check out the links below!
Subscribe to HiShop for more exclusive updates
'Like' HiShop on Facebook
Follow HiShop on Twitter
Follow HiShop on Instagram



Cheers,
Carinn 



Follow me on my blog and social media sites:


Disclaimer: Even though the product was sponsored, the review is based on my honest personal thoughts, experiences and preference after trying out the product. Effects may vary depending on individual skin condition, skin colour, application technique and other factors.



5 comments:

  1. omg u look so stunning in that make up! <3

    Nicole Yie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photoshoot makeup? Hahaha I think I look scary but thank you! XD

      Delete
  2. I just wanted to comment say the makeup is nice! Den saw it's la vie me rose makeup. Hehe.. It's like self praising sia.. Buay pai seh~ but you indeed look good dear! 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! You have done a great job! Tagged your blog, dear! :) I shouldn't have added the lenses though LOL xD

      Delete
    2. hahah Audrey why you so cute lol!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to read my blog! Feel free to leave a comment below or click on the Follow button :)